Boys & Girls Clubs of Ulster County depends on the generous support of individual gifts, fundraising events, and foundation support to help us provide services and Community Grants UC programs to over 1,500 youth each year. The money we raise allows us to keep our membership dues very low at $10 per year and allows us to continue to provide services affordable and even free to high-need communities. Here are some of the ways your gift can make a difference in the life of a child.


With your support, we will continue to ensure that no child is ever turned away and programs continue to grow.

Make a Pledge

You can schedule a contribution to be paid gradually instead of a one-time payment. Please click here to pledge your support.

Planned Giving

Why consider a planned gift to the Boys & Girls Clubs? We know we will continue to get support from organizations such as the Youth Bureau, the government, foundations and the United Way but these sources are always diminishing and are not presently keeping up with our rising costs.

Below you will find our Planned Gift Guidelines. We urge you to read them and then take action. The time is now and the opportunity is at hand.

Guidelines for Giving

The Boys & Girls Club’s Planned Giving Program offers many opportunities to show that you care. Deciding which one is best, however, is often a complex task and we recommend you speak with your tax attorney before making any decision. Here are some of our own internal guidelines:

METHOD OF GIFT GIVING: Wills provide many donors an easy and effective way to support the Boys & Girls Clubs of Ulster County mission. However, there are many ways in which a planned gift can be made, such as, but not limited to, bequests, Joint and Survivor Gift Annuities, deferred Payment Gift Annuities and Remainder Trusts, to mention a few. The method chosen should be the one that is most advantageous to the donor.

You can help us immeasurably in our activities by thinking of us as you make your financial plans for the future.

Please call the Boys & Girls Clubs of Ulster County at 845-338-8666 and ask for more information on Planned Giving and how you can become involved. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have about our programs and can provide you with paperwork that explains these options.

Make a Donation

Your gift today will help us provide the life-changing programs and guidance that make our organizations successful. Working together, we will provide a positive place where our kids can learn and grow into respectful citizens and leaders. There are three ways to contribute:

1. Click below to donate online

Donate Now

2. Send a check to:

Boys & Girls Clubs of Ulster County
PO Box 2271 Kingston, NY 12401

3.  Call us at 845.338.8666 to give over the phone.

Employer Match

Many companies have a matching gift program where they will match the charitable contributions made by one of their employees. Through corporate gift matching, your employer can multiply your gift to Boys & Girls Clubs of Ulster County, which will provide us with additional funding to better serve our kids.

Check with your company’s human resource office to see if your company offers one of these gift matching programs. (If there is no matching gift program, you may want to ask your company about starting one.) If your employer does offer a program, your human resource department should provide you with a matching gift form to send along with your donation. Complete this form and mail it with your donation to: Boys & Girls Clubs of Ulster County, PO Box 2271, Kingston, NY 12402.

Donate Stock

The gift of an asset, often common stock or mutual fund shares, is a valuable way to make a contribution to a charitable organization and receive tax benefits based on the value of the asset(s). Contact the club to learn more about opportunities available for donors.

Charitable Giving Made Easy

How can Charitable Giving be Structured?
Outright Gifts: The easiest way to benefit the charity immediately and exclusively is by writing a check. Providing that you qualify, you receive an income tax deduction in the year that the gift is made. Assuming that you are in the 25% Federal income tax bracket and you are able to itemize deductions, a $10,000 gift may reduce your taxable income by $10,000 resulting in a tax savings of $2,500.

Required Minimum Distributions from an IRA account: If you are over 70 ½ and are receiving mandatory distributions from your IRA, consider gifting a portion to your favorite charities each year to possibly offset taxable income.   Qualified Charitable Distributions (QDC) made directly from your IRA custodian to your charity, count toward your Required IRA distribution but are not included in your taxable income. This is especially valuable for those who normally do not have enough itemized deductions to be able to claim the gift on their income taxes. In addition, since the withdrawal is not listed as taxable income, it is excluded from the calculation in determining the extent of taxation on Social Security benefits. Simply call the financial institution that holds your IRA and tell them the amount that you want to give and provide them with the name and address of the charity.

Gifts of Appreciated Property: Shares of appreciated stock can be an excellent way to make a gift to charity. Since you gave the stock away, you don’t pay tax on the appreciation. You receive a tax deduction for the full value of the stock on the day of the gift. Since the charity doesn’t pay tax it sells them tax free. Assume that you paid $1,000 for a stock years ago and it is now worth $10,000. If you give it to the Club, you may be able to deduct the full $10,000 from your taxable income. You do not have to claim the $9,000 of capital gains.

Matured Savings Bonds: Do you have US Savings Bonds that were purchased many years ago? After thirty years US Savings Bonds no longer earn interest. When redeemed, the deferred interest on the bond is taxed at the federal level but not the state. If you give the redeemed proceeds of the bonds to a charity and you itemize deductions, you will offset the deferred interest on your tax return. To get more information on your savings bonds including a great calculator to help you figure what those old bonds are worth visit www.treasurydirect.gov

Donor-Advised Fund (DAF): Get a tax deduction today, give to a charity tomorrow! A Donor-Advised Fund allows you to make contributions for tax deductions in the current year even though the funds are dispersed in later years and also provides the opportunity to benefit multiple charities or causes that are important to you. The minimum investment in a DAF is $5,000 – $10,000 depending on the institution. A contribution to a DAF can be helpful in offsetting income resulting from a significant taxable windfall, like the sale of a property or securities. You will receive a current tax deduction this year even though you make the actual dispersion to your favorite charities, including the Club, in subsequent years. Donations can be made on line with a click of a mouse. The following are websites for several popular DAF’s.,,,

Charitable Giving at Death
Naturally, you can name a charity such as the Club in your will and revocable trust. Here are a few other ideas that may be simpler and more tax efficient.

Beneficiary of Life Insurance: You can name the Boys & Girls Club as one of the beneficiaries on your life insurance policy. All you need is a change of beneficiary form from your life insurance company.

Beneficiary of IRA or Qualified Retirement Plan: Like life insurance, you can add the Club as a beneficiary on your IRA or qualified retirement plan. Since the charity is a tax exempt organization, it will not pay income taxes on the distribution received and your estate will not pay estate taxes on the amount given. If you currently have a charity named in your will or living trust, you may want to consider naming it as a beneficiary of your IRA instead. This way your family members can receive more money that is free of income tax though your will and less tax-encumbered money through your IRA.

Beneficiary of an annuity: If you have a non-qualified annuity with sizeable tax-deferred growth, consider including a charity as one of the beneficiaries. The Charity’s share of the deferred growth upon your death is not taxable to them.